Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ina

Ina is 81 she sits in her wheelchair most of the day. I need to feed her change her dress her and do most everything eles for her. I have five children that I do I alot of the same for. My one year old loves Ina's wheel chair and she pulls up to it any chance she gets and Ina will pick her up and put her on her lap any chance she gets. It is sweet to watch a young child learning new things and an older women remembering things. She has more and more moments of clarity with the young children saying sweet things to them and always reaching out for a hug. She sometimes can remember verses to hymes and will sing along with us. She has only been with us for a very short time but we feel she is a very big part of our life and we all love her. After all who eles can sit a listen to my seven year old make up stories half the day or smile at 101 pictures that my four year old colored this year, she is blessing our lives as much as I hope we are able to bless hers. I pray that the Lord grant us many years to enjoy Ina and I look forward to getting to know her spotless and whole in heaven someday. Caring for an aging family member is perhaps one of the most rewarding things we can do it ranks up there with bieng a good wife and mother. I feel blessed that the Lord put it on my heart and my husband gave the consent and whole hearted support for this new chapter in our lives.

No comments: